Seafood Stars Awards
Each year, the New Zealand seafood industry pays tribute to the men, women and organisations who make significant contributions to the seafood sector.
The Awards, now in their sixth year, are presented to those who showcase innovation and excellence in one of the following three categories:
Future Development Innovation Award
Presented to the entity that has developed a new technology that does one of the following;
- Reduces waste by adding value to by-products or waste, or
- Reduces adverse impacts on the marine environment of fishing or farming seafood, or
- Reduces adverse impacts of fishing or farming seafood on protected species, or
- Increases the efficiency of production of seafood, or
- Makes a significant contribution to health or science
Young Achiever Award
Presented to a person, 35 years of age or under, who has demonstrated that he or she has made a positive difference to the seafood industry and has the potential to continue to develop as an effective and respected seafood industry leader or role model.
Longstanding Service Award
Presented to a person who has demonstrated that he or she has made a substantial positive difference to the seafood industry over many years, and who has been a highly effective and respected seafood industry leader.
To nominate a worthy recipient in one of these categories, download and complete the following form, explaining why your chosen nominee deserves the selected award.
Winners will be announced at this year's Seafood Industry conference in Nelson, followed by a feature in the October issue of the Seafood magazine.
Entries close 5pm, Wednesday 30th June 2021.