Seafood Stars Awards
Each year, the New Zealand seafood industry pays tribute to the men, women and organisations who make significant contributions to the seafood sector.
The Awards, now in their fifth year, are presented to those who showcase innovation and excellence in one of the following categories: Future Development Innovation, Longstanding Service and Young Achiever.
A fourth category, the COVID-19 Response Award, was generated this year in recognition of the outstanding leadership, collaboration and industry initiatives observed during the pandemic.
Congratulations to this year's 2020 Seafood Stars Awards winners...
Future Development Innovation Award:
- Adrian King, New Zealand King Salmon
Longstanding Service Award:
- Steve Bishop, fleet operations manager at Independent Fisheries
- Alistair Jerrett, Plant & Food
- Philip Clow, president of the Whitianga/Coromandel Peninsula Commercial Fishermen's Association
Young Achiever Award:
- Logan Nutsford, Sanford
- Nicholas Langridge, Talley's
- Tamar Wells, Te Ohu Kaimoana
COVID-19 Response Award:
- New Zealand King Salmon (Grant Rosewarne's leadership team: Andrew Clark, Jemma McCowan, Graeme Tregidga, Alan Cook, Shaun Young; and Joe de Roo and Cameron Johnston).
- Jason and Dave Baker, Saavid Fishing Ltd
- Cathy Webb, Seafood Standards manager
A fuller profile on this year's winners and their accolades will feature in the October 2020 issue of the Seafood magazine.